Thanks to Karissa Smith for nominating me for the Liebster Award, were you get to learn more about me! Check out Karissa’s blog, Becoming Kiona, for inspiration in becoming all that God created you to be. It’s a journey she’s on herself, and invites us to join in on! Check out this post in particular, on finding your God-given purpose: http://becomingkiona.com/struggling-to-discover-your-god-given-purpose-start-here/
Today, here, you’ll read about a blog I follow and love, 10 random facts about me, and then Karissa’s questions to me and my answers. At the end are the rules (and my questions) for the Liebster award for the bloggers I nominated, and for anyone who’s just plain curious.
Robin Melvin, over at Robin’s Nest
Robin writes vulnerably, sharing from her experiences and faith. I’ve been subscribed to Robin’s blog for a while now, always anticipating her next posts. And the book she’s working on!
Her posts are honest, vibrant, and grounded. This is what Robin says about herself on her ‘About Me’ page:
“I’m on a lifelong journey to uncover my divine design and live life to the fullest. Won’t you join me?
I hope you are encouraged and empowered by my transparent life ~ its struggles and its victories. Grace and peace for your journey, my friend.”
It’s true: Robin writes through her struggles and victories, and her transparency is a breath of fresh air. Through her struggles I am reminded I am not alone, that perfection isn’t expected, and vulnerability draws us together. Through her victories I am reminded to enjoy, to celebrate with friends, and to acknowledge the things that go well.
10 Random Facts about Me
- Apparently, I’m a soprano. I’ll be singing with my church choir this Christmas, and my part is soprano. Who knew?!
- I stack my books sideways, so I can fit more on the shelves. Space on my bookshelves is a coveted commodity!
- I have a rolling cart for all my tea things (cups, mugs, tea bags, honey-on-sticks, etc) because I have such a collection of them.
- I like Doctor Who. Tennant was my first, the Ponds are my favorite, I like how Martha’s story ends. [And, on the TV topic, Shark Tank is one of my least favorite shows. Sorry.]
- I didn’t think I wore much jewelry, but I told my students that and they laughed.
- I like to learn things. I’m a huge fan of learning new information, helpful facts, and interesting tidbits. But that makes it hard to make decisions sometimes, because I always feel like I need more information before I can make a proper decision.
- I’m usually in the middle of reading five books and in the middle of five writing projects. I’m only in the middle of reading three books right now, but there are 13 books on my bookshelf in my ‘read this next’ pile. (And apparently, per the picture included, my resting reading face is quite serious). I have at least five writing projects going, though I’m only focusing on one at a time these days.
- Back in college, I spent a few days in England and loved it. The cathedrals were impressive and stoic. The narrow roads and oncoming traffic had me holding my breath. The countryside was comfortable and rolling. It rained frequently, as expected.
- When people talk about what instruments they play, I respond, “Oh! Well, all I can play is the radio.” But that’s not true. Now I can also play my iPod, Spotify, Pandora, etc. Though, a few years ago I did try to learn to play the guitalele. Maybe I’ll pick it up again in the future.
- Watercolors are my favorite to use. French painters in the mid/late 1800s are my favorite painters—like Monet, and Renoir, and Pissarro.
Karissa’s Questions for Me
What does your name mean?
My name means “victory of the people”, which I’ve always thought was a fun/odd combo with my middle name which means “bitter sea”.
What is your ideal climate?
Warm, but not humid.
Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Pretty certain I’m an introvert. But it depends on how many people there are, and how well I know them.
What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I really like hearing thoughts about my weekly posts from my subscribers and from people on facebook.
What is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation is more about who I’m with than where I am. It includes some ‘laying around’ and some ‘doing’ like sightseeing and museum visiting; a happy medium.
If your friends and family could only use one word to describe you, what would it be?
What is your favorite topic to write about?
Ooo, trick question? Here on the blog I like to write about stories from the Bible, writing things I learned in my own study. But when my blog work is done, I take out the fantasy stories I’m writing.
What is one goal you have that you want to accomplish by the end of the year?
It’s related to the fantasy book I’m writing—to take it from rough draft to second draft by the end of the year. I need to get going to make it happen!
When and why did you start your blog?
It started something like two years ago, intending to make a place for Christians in chronic pain to find encouragement through the stories of other Christians who live with pain but have seen God use it for good. That is still a part of what I do, but I’ve broadened to helping Christians notice God and connect with him day to day.
What’s your favorite place to go out to eat?
Subway. ‘Nuf said.
Questions for My Nominees
What are three books you’ve recently read and loved?
What are three books you hope to read soon?
Tell us about a time you felt proud of yourself!
What was your goal when you started your blog?
What would you say if you were playing “Never Have I Ever”? (Something you’ve never done, but you think many other people have)
Describe yourself in one word. (You can have three words if you need them : ) )
What is something you’ve done that you think few people have done?
What is your favorite season and why?
List five things you can’t live without: five things keep you you.
What are 3-5 things you think you’re good at?
Liebster Award 2017 Rules for Nominees
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award
- provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
You can find the official rules Here .